Types of Information We Collect
In order to provide you with better service, we may collect, use and store your personal data or information both on This Site and at our stores. Different types of personal data pr information we may collect from you include without limitation to name, gender, address, phone number, e-mail address. You may also be required to provide to us your personal information such as your career and interests for reference and/or your personal data such as email updates when you participate in our activities or surveys.
We may automatically track certain information about your use of This Site. This Site may log IP addresses and browser types for system administration purposes. This information will be analyzed to constantly improve the value of the materials and services available on This Site.
For the purpose of improving This Site, we will collect the information regarding your record for visiting This Site by “cookies” to get a better understanding of your needs. “Cookies” files will store in your computer. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your web browser to do so, if your browser so permits.
Use of Your Personal Data
(a) Use by 1spot
We use your personal data provided to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes)(collectively “Purposes”):
- To provide our services to you (including assessing any application for and administration of services). This will include responding to your enquiries, assessing your applications with us for any of our services, providing information on products in our stores, allowing you to participate in our events and promotions when you wish and fulfilling any orders you place with us (including verification and security checks of your details).
- To provide direct sales, marketing and promotional communications to you in accordance with paragraph “(b) Disclosures” below.
- To analyze This Site usage, to improve This Site and service offers and to customize This Site .
(b) Direct Marketing
You agree that we may use your personal data provided to us to offer direct marketing communications to you from time to time, in accordance with the following provisions:
- We may market to you lifestyle, digital and/or electronic goods, appliances and accessories, as well as services of our joint venture partners and other third party providers and such other products and services that we think may be relevant to you based on the information you provide to us.
- The above marketing communications may be in different forms (including news, advertisements, promotions, events and activities from or offered by 1spot) and delivered to you in accordance with your personal data provided to us such as by email, SMS/MMS, app notifications or mail.
Your personal data provided to us will be kept confidential except that we may disclose to the following parties (who may be located and use your personal data outside Hong Kong):
- Any other party where such disclosure is required by statutory obligations or as required by court of law. We may attempt to notify you when we are making such a disclosure, but we may not do so in an emergency or when we are prohibited by law or court order from giving such notice.
Your personal data provided to us will not be transferred to any other third parties (except the above) unless your prior written consent is obtained. We may provide anonymous and aggregate statistics about our customers and sales to third-parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information and you will not be identified in any way.
Your personal data provided to us will only be retained either for a reasonable period only or as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes (where applicable).
1spot has endeavoured to protect your privacy. Your personal data provided to us will be protected under our security measures. We intend to apply commercially available technology and take reasonable and appropriate steps to guard against and minimize any unauthorized access to any personal information and prevent inaccuracy of your personal data. However, please note that no security measure is completely safe or “hacker-proof”.
Accuracy of Collected Information
The system of This Site will request you to provide the complete set of information to ensure our smooth operation. You always have the right to access, check and edit your personal data provided to us by contacting us via email, mail or phone or completing the relevant forms at our stores or opt-out of receiving any direct marketing communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date.
No information may be submitted to us by persons under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, nor may persons under the age of 18 make purchases or other legal acts on This Site without such consent.